W. Taylor Holliday
- Founder at Audulus LLC (iOS Music Apps - http://audulus.com)
- Co-Founder at Halfspace LLC (iOS Graphics Apps - http://sculptura.app)
- Graphics Software Engineer at Pixar Animation Studios (http://www.pixar.com)
- Computer graphics research internships at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (http://www.llnl.gov)
- MS in Computer Science, University of California, Davis. BS in Computer Science with Honors, UC Davis.
- Strong with C, C++, Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa, and Metal. Proficient with Lua, Python, JUCE.
Co-Founder, Halfspace LLC 2017-Present
Designed and implemented Sculptura, a high-resolution virtual clay sculpting app for iOS and macOS. See http://sculptura.app.
- Used a GPU-based volumetric approach yielding higher resolution than all other sculpting apps on iOS.
Founder, Audulus LLC 2012-Present
Designed and implemented Audulus, a real-time audio processing and synthesis application for musicians. Currently available for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Windows.
- Sold thousands of copies worldwide. Reached the top five paid music apps on iPad.
- Won Electronic Musician Magazine Editor's Choice award, 2017
- Featured on Mac App Store, front page, February 2017
- Featured on iOS App Store "New Apps We Love", February 2017
- Built a welcoming, active user community.
- Received praise and coverage in industry magazines and blogs (Tape Op, Musicradar, Synthtopia, CDM).
- Designed and implemented a polyphonic audio synthesis engine from scratch, with no prior DSP experience.
- Implemented an immediate mode approach to multitouch GUI.
- Applied software engineering and testing practices which resulted in a robust system without technical debt.
- Produced demo videos and promotional materials for each new version.
iOS Software Engineer, Inkling Systems, San Francisco 2011-2012
- Improved visual quality and optimized performance of Inkling's iOS 3d model viewer.
- Implemented a new and robust system for updating content on iOS.
- Contributed to the GUI changes required for Inkling for iPhone.
Graphics Software Engineer, Pixar Animation Studios 2006-2011
Worked on Pixar's next-generation proprietary animation software.
- Developed a real-time character pose-sculpting system with optimizations to suit character rigging workflow.
- Created a radial basis function based pose interpolation system to assist character rigging.
- Implemented various surface deformation and point weighting algorithms.
- Wrote numerous unit, regression, and performance tests.
- Created GUI customized for film production workflows.
- Worked closely with film production staff to test and deploy features.
- Implemented collision detection for hair simulation with a robust and novel approach using a tetrahedral mesh.
Graphics Research Internships, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory 2004-2005
Developed new algorithms for computing topological properties of scientific data-sets. See http://wtholliday.org/thesis.pdf.
Graduate Student Researcher, IDAV, UC Davis, Davis, California 2004-2006
Master of Science in Computer Science, 2006 University of California, Davis
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with Honors, Minor in Mathematics, 2003 University of California, Davis